Power mobility scooters need regular maintenance to ensure that they continue to operate in optimal condition. Cleaning, inspecting, and maintaining a mobility scooter should be done according to specific fundamental standards.
The frequency of how you do it should be so often in order to avoid situations that may limit your mobility freedom. In addition, frequent cleaning of your scooter ensures that it looks adorable and shiny; hence, even when people see you on it, they do not see weakness but pure control of a person’s life on the wheelchair.
It is crucial to note that, before doing any repairs on your scooter, be sure that the power has been switched off and the charger’s power line. Also, ensure that you have removed it from the wall outlet. This is for the safety of your health and also the shape of your scooter.
Also, it is crucial to be very careful in how you clean your scooter or do repairs if you do it yourself. This is to avoid misplacing any screws or, at worst, opening a screw meant for professional opening only. It is also essential to own a manual for cleaning and maintaining your mobility scooter.
While the following maintenance and cleaning recommendations for power scooters may apply to a range of models, the characteristics of your mobility equipment may vary from those down below.
It’s typically a good idea to follow the manufacturer’s instructions in the product manual while using a product.
How to Dust and Clean Your Power Scooter
Note that cleaning and dusting your scooter can help to keep it looking great and running smoothly.
- Dust all exposed parts with a soft, smooth, and dry cloth to avoid scratching them.
- Use a glass cleaner or a moist cloth soaked in liquid detergent to clean the windows.
- The scooter seat should be cleaned using disinfectant wipes that are gentle on the surfaces.
- Make sure that you do not expose any electrical components to water. Instead, use a gentle dusting technique.
- It is not recommendable to spray water or liquid cleaners directly onto the scooter’s surface.
- There should be no use of wax, oil, or abrasive cleaning.
- When you’re done, use a soft towel to wash off the mobility scooter until it’s totally dry.
- By hanging a scooter cover over your vehicle, you can keep it clean and dust-free.
Basic Instructions on How to Care for and Inspect Your Power Scooter
In between professional inspections, you should inspect your scooter regularly.
- You should check the tire treads for wear regularly. Hence, it would be best if you changed the tires that are beginning to deteriorate.
- Ensure that you take note of any upholstery areas that may irritate your skin and mark them down.
- Check the battery’s capacity for leaks. It is necessary to recharge or replace the batteries if the RED light on the gauge is flashing.
- Adjust moveable components to ensure that they operate at a steady speed. That includes the steering tiller, wheels, swivel seat, levers, and mirrors.